Blogging is an excellent way to generate leads and grow your business. It’s a powerful method of marketing… the problem is, most people don’t know where to start! But for you that will not be a problem.
I formulated this guide to blogging & content marketing to help you learn how to use blogging to grow your business online professionally as a blogging authority.
I will teach you the following:
- How to identify and register the right domain name (website address) for your blog.
- Where to purchase affordable hosting for your website.
- How to setup your WordPress blogging website on your new hosting account.
- How to initially configure your site.
- Tips on how to feature your personal brand as a blogger / home business owner professional..
- I’ll show you how to use the keyword tool that I personally use to identify the best keywords possible that will attract customers with credit card in hand ready to buy.
At the end of this guide you will get a SPECIAL OFFER for a Custom Made Blog Website with over $700 worth of themes and plugins and your first year of Dedicated Level Hosting 50% OFF.
I will help you configure it perfectly so you can start generating massive leads and sales right away.
If you already know you want to save time and receive this level of service, then scroll right to the end of this guide for the pricing & details, or CLICK HERE
1. How To Register The Right Domain Name
A domain name is essentially the name of your website. When you are blogging as a network marketer it is smart to personally brand yourself in business. What is personal branding? It is all about YOU!
So I suggest trying to get your own name for a domain name of your website. For example my name is Caleb Wright. I was not able to buy www.CalebWright.com because someone already had it. Bummer right? Not so much, I found that www.MeetCalebWright.com was available and I snatched it up!
It’s financially beneficial for you as a network marketer to expand your online footprint and there is no better way to do that than have your own authority blogging website in addition to properly used social media profiles that also use your NAME which is your personal brand. That is why it just plain makes sense to name your blog after yourself, so your blog will appear in the search results when people search your name in Google. This provides a solid way to build trust with your prospects as they find your content and see proof of your expertise.
- Go to www.Godaddy.com and use the search box to search for your firstnamelastname.com
- If your firstnamelastname.com is not available try a variation that involves other words as in my www.MeetCalebWright.com example.
- When you find your domain name of choice, complete the purchase and register it.
- You will create a Godaddy account during this process, save your login information.
2. How To Purchase An Affordable Hosting Plan
To get started setting up your blog website, it’s not enough to just have a domain name. You need a website hosting plan. What is website hosting? A hosting service provides a server (basically a reliable computer) that will be used to store the data of your website and make it available to the internet for indexing and search results in Google and other search engines. Good website hosting is essential!
Fortunately it’s easy and affordable to get started with website hosting for the basic needs of your new blogging website. You may want to eventually purchase a higher grade plan, once you build out a large website that receives high levels of traffic (you will want the experience for the end user to be quality) but for now a basic shared hosting account will do the trick.
1. Go to www.HostMonster.com and click ‘Sign Up Now’, and register for one of the three levels of shared hosting plans. Either ‘Starter’ or ‘Plus’ level accounts will be sufficient for starting out.
3. How To Setup Your Blog On Your Hosting Account
Don’t worry, this part is easier than it sounds and only involves a few steps.
1. Login to your Godaddy account, using the login information you saved from earlier.
2. Once logged in to your account, click the ‘Manage’ button for ‘Domains’.
3. Select your new domain name from the list on this page.
4. Click ‘Manage’ under ‘Nameservers’
5. Add the following in the ‘Nameserver’ fields
- Then Click ‘OK’ and then ‘SAVE’.
6. Add The Domain To Your Hosting Account.
You may need to wait 1-2 hours to complete this next step, which is how much time it could take for your hosting account to recognize that your domain is pointing to its nameserver. Sometimes it’s instant, so you can go ahead and give this a shot right off the bat as well.
1. Login to your www.HostMonster.com account.
2. Find the panel of options named ‘Domain Management’ and click ‘Addon Domains’
3. Under ‘Step 1: Enter Domain’ select the ‘Use a domain that is not already associated with your account’ option and enter your new domain name.
4. Once you’ve entered your domain name, under step 2 it should say:
“The domain is currently associated to but un-assigned in your account.”
Now scroll down and leave the rest of the settings as is, and click the ‘assign this domain’ button.
5. Go back to the ‘hosting’ section of your HostMonster account and look for the panel named ‘Website’ and click ‘Install WordPress’
6. On this next page click ‘Install’
- Enter your domain name in the field (http://www.yourdomain.com) and click ‘Check Domain’ and follow through with the steps to complete setup of your new WordPress blog. This will include choosing a username and password for login to your site.
7. Now you can login to your new blog website by using the following URL format:
4. How To Initially Configure Your New Blog
1. Login to your website at: http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin
- Just replace the ‘your domain’ with your actual domain name
2. Watch the following video for basics and tips on how to navigate the backoffice of your website
5. How To Personally Brand Your Blogging Website
6. Keyword Research For Content Marketing
This is important, because when you optimize your content for the right keywords you pull in traffic that will actually buy what you are selling. So pay careful attention to this video, it’s likely the most valuable information of this entire course. CLICK HERE TO GET JAAXY
1 FREE Year of Hosting On A Dedicated Server – $100 value per single website installation!
WordPress Development Framework theme and essential plugins for functionality – Over $700 value!
I work with you to customize the site to your needs and teach you how to use and customize your blog. I guide you through anything you need help with in this process.